LERF MISSION STATEMENT
To provide financial assistance to individuals, programs,and institutions
engaged in seeking to find treatments and cures for eye diseases and to provide financial and material
assistance to individuals who are afflicted with diseases of the eye.
The objectives of the Lions Eye Research Foundation (LERF) are:
- To provide assistance, financial and otherwise, in eye research and related fields
and to stimulate a continuing program of research to prevent the occurrence of eye
diseases and defects; and in other fields related thereto.
- To receive, distribute and administer funds and to operate exclusively and
solely for eye disease, eye research, and sight conservation.
- To encourage and disseminate information on sight
conservation, eye research and eye safety.
- To preserve, restore and conserve sight and vision.
- To rehabilitate the visually challenged; and to promote research related to
defects and diseases of the eyes and other diseases affecting sight.
- To provide assistance, for examination, medical treatment,surgery,
hospitalization, and similar services.
- To provide supplies for the visually challenged of New Jersey.
- To provide equipment and instruments to be used in the diagnosis and treatment
of eye diseases and in the rehabilitation of the visually challenged.
- To provide facilities and to acquire and hold title to property: real, personal or mixed, and to make disposition of
such property as may be needed in the furtherance of the purposes of this Foundation as provided
for in the Artilces of Incorporation and as permitted under the laws of the State of New Jersey.
- To this end, The Lions Eye Research Foundation has established the
Alphonse A. Cinotti Lions Eye Research Chair
at the Rutgers University School of Medicine (Formerly UMDNJ).