The Dog Crawl is a cute fundraiser contest for our foundation.
The purpose of the contest is to generate donations to LERF while at the same time,
having some fun. The participants in the "Crawl" are Hotdog Vendors, Participants (hotdog eaters),
Sponsors (Donors), and Judges.
The Contestants secure Sponsors to make donations based upon the number of hotdogs each contestant
will eat in the contest. All the players moved from one "dog" vendor to the next. When all is done,
the person who eats the most hotdogs wins the contest, and the Foundation benefits from the donations.
We travel to various locations and eat hot dogs, etc. Usually two or more at each location.
Sides and drinks also count toward the overall donations. He or She who eats the most dogs in the
usual five hours becomes the Champion of our Dog Crawl.
For 2019, we were looking for sponsors for those of us who will be "dog crawling" either by the dog,
topping, sides and drink or by a flat donation amount with a $50.00 maximum
(unless you choose to go higher).
The Route for 2019's event was as follows:.
- The Hot Dog Stop ~ 1392 Rte 130, South, East Windsor, NJ
- Russ Ayres Hot Dogs ~ 658-576 Route 206, Bordentown, NJ
- Captain Paul's Firehouse Dogs ~ 2230 Princeton Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Tower Dogs ~ 4110 Quakerbridge Rd, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Diesel Dukes ~ 139 Easton Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ
- Bear's Hot Dog Truck ~ 3220 Bordentown Avenue, Sayreville, NJ